Rushing to Join Clubs

Emily Walsh, Entertainment Editor

On Wednesday, August 25, our school had our annual Club Rush for freshmen and new students. There are so many new clubs to offer for the upcoming school year. 

The new school year has been off to a great start and club rush just makes our school year even better. There are so many reoccurring and brand-new clubs that are going to be offered at our school this year. There is a club out there for everyone’s interests.  

If you are interested in marine life and how you can help our beaches, then the Marine Science Club is for you. If you are looking to make service hours to help you to get different scholarships then you can join clubs like Optimist Club, Key club, and more. If foreign language is your favorite subject, then you can join Spanish, French, or Latin club. 

If you are a military kid, we have a new club that you can join. Sophomore, Ashley Beam, is starting her own club to help military kids and allow them to have a place to meet and talk with other kids like them. Even if you are not a military kid, this club is still open to you.  

This club is a wonderful way to meet new people and it is a fantastic addition to our school this year. Beam started, “This club was a great leadership opportunity and I want to go into the military.” At club rush, around twenty kids signed up for the club and they would love more to join! This club is a terrific way for new students to learn their way around the school and to be able to communicate with new people. Beam said, “The goal of this club is to promote military presence in our community, and it helps students to come forward and speak up.” If interested in this club you can talk to Ashley Beam or military counselor, Mrs. Davenport.  

Clubs are a huge part of what makes our school a fun academic learning space. If you have not joined a club this year, do not wait any longer to join one. There are so many clubs that are waiting for more members. To learn more about certain clubs, message a sponsor or student leader. They will be happy to inform and give all the information needed to become a member of their club. Hurry, before it is too late, sign up for a club because they are all great!