The student news site of Gulf Breeze High School

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Behind The Menu

One café in particular is known for their TOP SECRET menu items…

Most people wonder about restaurant secrets. Whether it be the juicy gossip behind the counter or hidden orders. But who gets to be in on the ploy and know what’s behind the menu? 

One café in particular is known for their TOP SECRET menu items. This would be Starbucks. But what are the items exactly and how and where can you find them? According to secretmenus.com places such as Baskin Robbins, Burger King, Starbucks, and more contain secret menus. Baskin Robbins allegedly has an Orange Dreamsicle ice cream, Girl-Scout Samoa Cookie and Donut Sundae. Something from Burger King’s is a club sandwich with fried chicken, bacon and additional toppings. 

The question remains. Why do secret menus exist? There is no specific purpose other than just for fun. Secret Menus are a fun tease for restaurant owners and for the curiosity of customers. They also offer more options without clogging up the menu space for the higher demands. According to Grubbrr.com it makes customers feel like they are “in-the-know.” 

The most popular for having secret menus is Starbucks. There are over 30 secret menu items hidden by Starbucks. While there are so many, some of the most intriguing secret menu items are the apple pie Frappuccino, Neapolitan, teddy graham, butterbeer latte, banana cream, chocolate covered strawberry, fruity pebbles, and pumpkin pie. Of course, the list goes on. Similarly, Wendy’s profits from their secret menu as well. Some items are the Wendy’s Foie Gras Burger, which is a Japanese Delicacy Burger. It is topped with goose liver and goes for a whopping price of $16! The Grand Slam, it makes for mouthful of a burger by stacking four patties on top of each other. Lastly, The Barnyard, which is a burger that is basically a pile of assorted meats stacked on each other between two buns. Meats such as bacon, beef, spicy chicken filet, ham and of course cheese.  

Why do restaurants decide not to advertise or even hint at the making of some of these? Usually, the cause for this is because the secret menu items bloom from one customer asking for a custom order with what is available, others will overhear and want to try it out, people will recommend to friends, or people will post recipes on the internet. That is how the word gets out and suddenly everyone is intrigued and wants to try the “new trend.” restaurants ended up just making a secret menu because of all the requests for a certain item. 

With this, next time, you get sick of your “usual” order try something new and interesting from the secret menu.