The student news site of Gulf Breeze High School

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Five Nights at Freddy’s Live Action Movie Debuts

“Five Nights at Freddy’s” the movie famously based off the video game series, is coming out in theaters on October 27th and has been all the talk amongst fans who grew up playing the horror game. The rating is PG13, so it should be an overall easy-going horror for all teens to watch.  

Coming out right before Halloween, this movie will be based off of the first game, starring “Hunger Games” actor Josh Hutcherson as Mike Schmidt, Elizabeth Lail as Vanessa Monroe and the all-time favorite, “Scream” and “Scooby-Doo” actor Matthew Lillard as the infamous William Afton. The official film synopsis by Blumhouse says, “A troubled security guard begins working at Freddy Fazbear’s Pizzeria. While spending his first night on the job, he realizes the late shift at Freddy’s won’t be so easy to make it through.” 

The Movie will contain all the classic animatronics from the first game including while hopefully not limited to Freddy Fazbear, Chica, Bonnie, and Foxy; however, many are hoping that they will not only be “filled with six scary animatronics,” according to The Direct, but more. People are also wondering whether or not this movie will turn into a movie series that will come out for the next nine Halloweens, relating to the nine games.   

Many fans have also been concerned if the movie will follow the exact storyline of the video games, which might not be the case if any of the actors/actresses decide to leave, leaving fans only with hope that they will get to relive their childhood favorite video game. Looking at the trailer, it doesn’t say enough to know if the storyline will stay the same, but it is no doubt any less than epic. The second official trailer on YouTube that came out about a month ago already has 18 million views and has many supportive comments such as “Crazy how FNAF went from a small horror game to getting its own movie. Scott Cawthon and Blumhouse did an amazing job with this one” by a user named Green._Bunny and “I grew up playing every FNAF game. Now here we are! I’m so happy that my childhood game is now becoming a movie!” commented by a youtuber called ElizabethRoblox.  

This will most definitely be a Halloween hit this year, without a doubt, drawing in nostalgic gamers and people who watched their favorite YouTubers play, most likely even newcomers who have never watched or played the game, it has everyone excited for October 27th