The student news site of Gulf Breeze High School

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Information on the Annual Latin Class’s Trip to Europe

Mr. Taylor (Latin course teacher) will be chaperoning interested student to Athens, Greece for a great price and great touring locations on June 3rd, 2024. This is an amazing opportunity for students to get out of the States and into a different continent and immerse themselves in history and culture in the safest and most reliable way possible. 

The week-long trip will consist of two days for jetlag adjustment, one day for a trip to the Acropolis and the Parthenon, as well as the Museum of Acropolis, all with the help of a local guide. The fourth day will be a visit to the archeological site of Delphi, and the other days will include visits to The Temple of Poseidon, a day cruise making stops at the islands of Hydra, Poros, and Aegina, a stop at the Corinth Canal, and many more locations and there will also be plenty of free time in Athens for students to socialize and enjoy the local views for themselves. 

The total cost of the trip is $4,728 but if enrolled before 9/15/2023, it is $100 cheaper making it $4,628 which is a great price considering that it includes the airplane ticket, a day-long cruise, food, and most of the sightseeing and museum visits. Souvenirs and optional food items are not included in the total cost, as it is the student’s choice to spend extra money. 

Mr Taylor encourages any interested student to join the trip, not just Latin club members or students that have the class. Being in Latin club does, however, build a relationship with classmates who will possibly be attending the trip and makes it possible for more knowledge to be obtained on the subject. Any questions about the trip will be answered by Mr. Taylor who teaches in Room 962 in the foreign language building.  

This trip is highly encouraged for students who have been wanting to go to Europe and have a curiosity about Latin history. The enrollment website is found on passports.com and the tour ID is ‘PTAYLOR2024-3′, it is suggested to speak to Mr. Taylor before applying and the deadline for enrollments will be 1/5/2024, the payment deadline will be 2/14/2024, so there is plenty of time to think about the trip, discuss with parents, and whether to go. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and will undoubtedly add memories to a student’s high school experience.