COVID-19 Continues

Brindi Janey, Staff Writer

Brindi Janey, Staff Writer

“Safety is important to our students and staff. The best way to keep the schools open is to have a strong support system that can influence people to protect themselves as well as others.”

The last thing people at the school wanted after the vaccines came out is quarantines to continue, and more dangerous variants to be discovered. 

The new variants of COVID-19 are alpha, beta, delta, and gamma. The most important variant out of those to be informed about is the delta, this variant is the most dangerous so far. To make matters worse, antibodies are less effective against this variant, increasing the risk of severe illness and death among all types of people. It is the most contagious form of COVID-19, and there is still more that we do not know about this variant. The delta variant was first identified in India, in December of 2020, and is now circulating into the United States

Some options that will help prevent the spread of the variants are getting vaccinated, wearing a mask, washing hands, and avoiding touching facesIf there are some that do not agree with those options, consider them, and research them.

Safety is important to our students and staffthe best way to keep the schools open is to have a good support system that can influence people to protect themselves as well as others. 

More students are being quarantined as school continues, but more effective measures can be taken. Clubs could be started to raise awareness to the topic, and the district could mandate vaccines for teachers and students. Fear of vaccines is another large issue, so those who do not get the vaccine should be required to take a weekly test for COVID-19. COVID-19 is not a hoax, COVID-19 is a global pandemic that kills.