The student news site of Gulf Breeze High School

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

The Blue & Gold

Gulf Breeze Volleyball Slams Into New Season

The Gulf Breeze High School Volleyball team are the former 2022 6A District Champions, and they are surely bringing it this year. With their team captain, Bella Satterwhite (#15), and Sydney Sutter (#13) winning players of the game at the recent tri-match. 

Additionally, Senior Addisyn Tolbert at the game against South Walton High getting the #2 kill in Florida. This past month the freshman team has also been getting some action. With winning the Labor Day Classic and going undefeated as well.   

The varsity girls’ team currently holds a record of 11-2, with an overall win rate of 85%. While their season is still ongoing, they are set to surpass last year’s season already. Currently they are 1st in the 6A District 1.  

The Junior Varsity went 26-0 during the 2022 Fall season, with their district being 4-0. So far, they have won games against their rivals, Navarre, South Walton, and more. Their most recent win being against South Walton with the final being 2-1.  

Currently the freshman team is doing good, with a 7-0 streak and a 1-0 district record. They are also on set to beat last year’s season with an overall 10-1 streak and a 91%-win rate.  

Some additional news, Bella Satterwhite has committed to Arizona State in her junior year as of August 30th. Currently she has won 10 POTM awards and is set to win even more the rest of her season and her senior year.  

A highly anticipated game was against Navarre High School for Junior Varsity. On 9/12 the game started, and the JV team pulled through and won the game against the school’s rivals.  

The Junior Varsity team has lots of other games lined up for the rest of the month of September and October, playing more teams such as Niceville and Pace. The Varsity team and freshman team also having more games for the next two months which will then decide who wins the championship. 

Peyton McDonald, a sophomore on varsity, says “I would say our team is pretty good, but still needs a little improving.” She says,” We are working on improving blocking, and getting better chemistry with each other.” She continues, “One of our strongpoints are our offense.” 

Looking at this year’s games, the dolphins are set to follow last year’s wins and bring it home. The team is still looking on getting better, and Coach Jasmin is leading them to it.