Athlete of the Issue: Presley Hall

Presley stands at the baseball fields at Harvard University.

Kiera Decesare, Online Editor

Presley Hall, a junior at GBHS, was chosen as this month’s athlete of the award for her hard work, communication skills and skill. 

Hall has been playing softball ever since she could walk. She played on the junior varsity team freshman and part of sophomore year, and now as a junior, plays for GBHS’ varsity softball team. She also plays club travel softball. 

Hall loves softball for multitude of reasons, but when asked what her favorite part of playing is, she said, “My favorite part about playing softball is getting to play with my favorite sport along with my friends and lifelong teammates.” 

Hall’s favorite softball memory is when she helps win softball districts her freshman year, after being pulled up to varsity. When asked about what her goals are for this season, Hall said she is looking forwards to getting another chance to advance past regionals. When asked about what she would like to improve upon, she said that “I have many hopes for this season. For example, I want to be more successful at hitting and getting on base.” 

Hall focuses on making the most of her high school softball career. Her main focus in college will be academics, where she hopes to go to the University of Alabama at Birmingham or the University of Florida where she plans to major in something in the medical field, playing off these skills she has gained as a student in the medical academy program. 

Hall says that her least favorite part of the season is “watching the seniors graduate each year, as it’s always sad seeing a teammate you have played with for many, many years move on and go to college.” Hall hopes to beat Pace High School this season, as they are Gulf Breeze’s main rivals in softball. 

When asked what position she plays, Hall said that she plays a utility role, meaning she plays where she is needed. However, she specializes in catcher and 3rd base. Presley’s favorite jersey number is #3, however next year she will be wearing #8 as that number will be passed down from her softball best friend, Sophie Mislevy. 

Additional information:

Athlete of the Issue: Lily Powell – The Blue & Gold (gbhsblueandgold.com)

Athlete of the Issue: Riley Bloomberg – The Blue & Gold (gbhsblueandgold.com)